Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stinky Smelly Boys





My 2 stinky smelly boys returned from their camping trip today. I smelt them when they turned the corner. Whew...campfires are STINK-O-RIFIC! Luckily my guys are all clean now and are ready for some snuggles. I learned so many things about my 2 year old from this trip. 1. Turns out that Leyton loves camping...even if he doesn't realize it. The whole time they were at the campsite, he continued to say "Let's go camping!" Um, that is what we are doing buddy. 2. Also, he is not a big fan of roasted marshmallows. Me either. Russell gave him one and he ate it with a look of disgust on his face. When Russell offered him a second one that was burnt...Leyton replied with "no...no want one with pepper on it." 3. He doesn't mind sleeping in a car. Russell and him bunked up in the Expedition. He had a hard time settling down (he wanted to push all of buttons) but he ended up sleeping in the back next to his daddy. 4. He puts safety first. ;) He walked around the campgrounds telling everyone to watch out for snakes. That's my boy! My mom instilled the fear of snakes in me....and turns out, I must be doing the same for Leyton. Still to this day I can't pull a weed without thinking a snake will come up and take a chunk out of my hand. 5. This is the one that was a major surprise to me. My 2 year old rode a four wheeler!! A real one. Turns out my mother didn't only make me fearful of snakes...I am also insanely afraid of four wheelers. I told Russell that camping was cool as long as he didn't let him go on a four wheeler. Guess what? Daddy's grounded. I was happy to hear that Leyton did wear a helmet and it was with Russell instead of anyone else. I know, I know....I need to get used to four wheelers being a mother of 2 boys, but he is only 2 years old for Pete's sake. Come on. Russell assured me that he was careful and not much can go wrong only going 1 mph. I'm still not sold on this four wheeler business!

Overall, Leyton had a great time with everyone. Him and his cousin Janie really loved playing together. I am so glad he went to experience the great outdoors with his daddy and family. I am also glad that even though Leyton was away from us, he still thought of his mommy and Harrison. He even sang "The Wheels on the Bus" while sitting by the campfire. We make up our own verses to that song. This was his campfire melody..."Harrison's on the bus and goes geee geeee geee..." Love it and I can't wait until Leyton's little bro can join the boys on another camping adventure---just not one that involves four wheelers!