Monday, November 16, 2009

Poop Post.



Well, if you are offended by talking about bodily functions, please read no further.

Ok. So I told you about our doctor's appointment when the doc said it's time to put the poop in the toilet. Well, that led to Leyton holding it for days. I told his teachers about it and they told me to just continue to put a diaper on him....both of their kids did the same thing...it's normal. They told me it could make things more difficult because it could cause pain from constipation---making poopy training harder. I was relieved. It made me feel justified in "giving in." So, I continued to put a diaper on him to poop...except now instead of just being in the bathroom to go, he had to sit on the toilet to go. He was hesitant, but he did it. By doing this, I have realized that his fear is of the poop falling in the toilet. So crazy, but apparently normal. So...that has been the routine since his 3rd birthday. Until last weekend. We went to my parent's house. I ran out of diapers and Leyton needed to go. I had a Little Swimmer in my suitcase. (random, I know.) I used this opportunity to my advantage. Some friends told me they had heard to cut a whole in the bottom of the diaper. I did. I didn't trick him though. He touched his bum and told me to close up his diaper. I just sat him on the toilet and in went his poop. We potty danced and celebrated with a sucker. (after my entire family came in to examine his "deposit" and cheer!) SOOO...we'll see if we've turned a corner. Stay tuned.