Sunday, November 29, 2009

About Our 14 Month Old...


Harrison is 14 months old...and will be a big brother in less than 2 months.

He is very cautious. He is scared to crawl off the couch and drop down the 1 inch it takes for his feet to hit the floor. He wants help. He walks perfectly with the walker but will NOT attempt it on his own. He will walk holding our hand but the minute we let go, he falls to his bottom.

He is a meat eater. Seriously the kid eats as much meat as a grown man. He is fickle though. One day he loves green beans...the next day he pushes them off his highchair. Meat is the one thing we can always count on. Oh, and milk.

Speaking of milk...Harrison hasn't had any more bottles now for a couple of weeks. He doesn't seem to miss it. I kinda do.

He has all of a sudden become such a daddy's boy. He loves him some daddy.

He likes to jump on the bed with his brother.

He likes to play on the stairs. Rebel.

Speaking of rebel, Russell and I both feel like he is showing signs of being somewhat of a rebel. A rule follower? Not so much. For example he shakes his head no before doing something he knows he shouldn't do. Or...another example, he pulls my hair and says "owwww" at the same time.

He is sprouting every single tooth possible. And he is not a happy-go-lucky-while- teething-kind-of-guy. He is cranky. Needy. Snotty. Feverish. I always thought all that teething business was somewhat of a myth because Leyton wasn't affected. Not the first or last time I have eaten my words. We went to the doc last week because he was so miserable...I was thinking swine. Nope...teeth. Way to not over-react, mom.

It wouldn't be a monthly update without mentioning how loving and affectionate and snuggly this guy is. He will just hang out and lay on us. LOVE IT! I am soaking it up. I know it won't be forever so I will take every snuggle, kiss, or hug I can get.

Happy 14 months, Sonny. (that's his latest nickname) We love you sooo much!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

this blog made me chuckle several times today! hey, and my dad's name is Sonny! (kenneth for real, but AKA Sonny!