Saturday, August 22, 2009

Potty!

Ok...so Leyton had a fabulous week in his undies. We have done everything like we normally would. We even went to the movies...spent long amounts of time in the car...and we made it without a single accident. (I do realize this won't always be the case)

What's going on with the poop problem? Glad you asked! It goes something like this...

1. he tells me when he needs to go
2. I put a diaper on him
3. he goes and sits in the bathroom...on the floor by the toilet
4. I hear a few grunts
5. he is reading some books
6. he comes out to tell me he is finished
7. I take his diaper off
8. we put on his big boy undies

Next week we will sit on the toilet---still wearing his diaper.
The following week, we will take his diaper off. (or attempt to take it off)

I don't know why he is so hesitant to sit on the toilet but I figure this way he is at least not getting to play as he is doing his business. At least by going in the bathroom he is taking the time out of his busy schedule to....poop. (sorry I could use more technical sounding words, but it's just not me.)

So...let's hope we have another good week in the exciting world of potty training!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I don't think this is unusual and I hear similar stories from other moms. My pedi told me some people actually cut a hole in the bottom of the diaper so they can sit on the toilet and get it in the toilet but with the comfort of a diaper on. He also told us to make sure Sam watched us dump the poop in the toilet and he got to flush while we were telling him that poop goes in the potty, not the diaper.
He'll get it.