Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Baby Girl...

I am SO tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I was either awake thinking about all the exciting/fearful things about pregnancy or I was dreaming about telling my family what we are having. I probably had the same dream 100 times---and each time I was telling everyone, "It's a boy!!" Never...not once, did I tell them that we were having a girl. We left the house today to go to the appointment at 8 am. My mom and the boys followed us because they were meeting my best bud Kristin, her mom, and her boys at the mall play area by the hospital. I had huge butterflies all the way there. More so than I have had with any pregnancy. I think because we both know this is our very last time to have this experience. I told Russell that the best way I could describe how I felt was similar to being a little kid on Christmas Eve. It was a combo of nerves and excitement. We got to the dr's office and our sonographer called us back. She started quickly and right away I was relieved and thrilled to see our little baby moving and hear the heartbeat. She measured things...showed us both parts of the brain---10 fingers, 10 toes. What a wonderful feeling! I think anyone who doesn't believe in God needs to come witness someone having an ultrasound. It is a miracle...no other way to describe it. Then, she got to the "goods." I said "Oh...it's a boy!" Russell agreed. Then the lady typed "It's a girl" on the screen. We screamed and cried. Completely shocked. Absolutely so happy. The sonographer told us that the baby was giving her a very plain view. I asked if I could buy outfits and stuff (questioning how sure she was.) She told me that I could buy the bedding and paint the room---she is positive. Another sonographer and our doctor both agreed.

Then, Russell and I met my mom, the boys, Kristin, her boys, and her mom at Cafe Brazil. My friend Kecia came too with her son Brandon. And...my sis, her boys, and her mother-in-law surprised us there. :) I came in and gave my mom a puzzle to do to find out the sex. (one of those blank white puzzles that you can write on) She was all nervous...fumbling around.

This is what the puzzle said...
Is it a BOY or is is a GIRL?
C'mon, take a guess! Give it a whirl!
Either way, we know it will be great...
So, now it's time to CELEBRATE!

So, after all her fumbling around she still didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. I gave her an envelope after that and she opened it to find the pink note saying girl.



Everyone screamed or cried. It was awesome.

SOOO...my motherly instinct stinks. I would have bet you everything I had that Harrison was a girl...and everything I have that this one was a boy. Good thing I'm not a betting kind of gal.

Yea for Erin-Elizabeth! We love you and thank God that you are a part of our family!

4 comments:

Katie Mott said...

I am DYING DYING DYING over your post!! DYING!!! I'm so excited for you and I love the way you unfolded this story to your blog-followers! I feel like I was at the restaurant with you guys! WHAT FUN!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!! (sidenote - great minds think alike because my little girl is "double named" too! Mia Claire - LOVE the double name and Erin Elizabeth is just plain CLASSIC and CUTE!!! ALSO - I have always had Beckham on my "list"! love your taste!) CONGRATS Marsha!! I cannot wait to see this little girl!! She will undoubtedly be ADORABLE and one heck-uva-gal - just like mama!!

Ali and Eric said...

Congrats! Now Aslynn and Erin Elizabeth can be neighborhood buddies.

The Richards Family said...

Congrats Marsha on the upcoming baby girl. I am so excited for you guys.

El Momma said...

This is the most precious story, Marsha. I just love it! And love how you told your mom. And Erin-Elizabeth!? What a beautiful name. I love it and love you and am so happy for you! Welcome to our world...it's AWESOME!