Today Harrison took about 6 or 7 steps all by himself! He got lots of cheers so he started walking back and forth from Russell to me. Don't get me wrong...I am not in a hurry for him to grow up, but he is 14 months old. I don't call that rushing folks. AND...I'm carrying around my big ol' belly already--- so it'd be great to not have to carry him everywhere when we are out and about. Looks like our cutie is on his way to walking. Very cautiously.
Speaking of my guy's cautious side. He is going through some new phase where he is so super needy. He wants to be held, cries when we sit him down, screams at bedtime...none of this is part of his usual demeanor. So, when he decides to throw a fit (let's say I just sat him down) he doesn't throw himself on the ground like you would imagine for a typical tantrum. He gingerly lays his body on the ground (using complete caution), wallows around, screams, and cries. It takes him a good 15 seconds to completely situate himself carefully on the ground before his actual tantrum begins.
Today I was chewing gum while I was holding Harrison. (surprise! I was holding my hip baby!) I blew a bubble and he started screaming. I mean it was a scream from a horror flick. Completely terrified. He pushed my head back and demanded to get down. I blew another bubble (not to be mean...just to confirm that is what he was scared of) and homeboy started booking it to get away from me. Petrified of gum!
I'm completely enjoying all the time I get to spend with my 2 little men. They each have such unique little personalities and I love figuring them out. I'm sooo thankful to be their mommy!
2 comments:
I love that it takes him 15 seconds to start a tantrum. That could come in handy!
Luke (of course) flails himself on the ground and arches his back so I have to carefully set him down so he won't bust his head open. So weird - Ally seldom if ever threw tantrums like that (again, of course!).
I can't wait to see what EE is like!
Post a Comment