Okay...so Leyton has an unusual Christmas list. Like I mentioned in a previous post, he wants a red notebook and a red robot. Check. Got it. I ordered 8 Blue's Clues notebooks with the chair on the front from Amazon. Grand total is something like 22 bucks. They even come with their own crayons that fit snugly into the little spiral up top. (that is one of the main reasons he likes it so much) I thought he was out of the notebook phase but this has been a consistent request from him since sitting on Santa's lap. He doesn't really watch Blue's Clues anymore, but whatever. Then yesterday he tells me that the red notebook must have a chair on front. Whew! I'm doing good, right? Wrong. He tells me that it needs to have yellow paper on the inside. I asked him how he'd feel if Santa could only find the kind with white paper. He was not having it. Apparently this yellow paper is extremely important to him. Sooo....being the sucker that I am, I got back online today to see if I could find some notebooks with yellow paper in them. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? Seriously. Are you sitting down? ONE Blue's Clues notebook with the yellow paper is over 100 dollars. Apparently my child is not the only one who prefers yellow-papered notebooks. CRAZY.
Mimi found a red robot. Thank you, Mimi.
Other things on his list are a red airplane and a red octagon. I think that he came up with the red octagon one day while we were driving and he saw a stop sign. He has mentioned how badly he wants an octagon on many occasions. Odd request? Yes, but I will make him one...and it will be the best red octagon you have ever seen.
Oh...and he was also REALLY wanting a snow globe. So, we went to Garden Ridge and he picked out his very own snow globe with Frosty hanging out behind the glass. He exclaimed while jumping up and down..."I have always NEEDED a snow globe." I don't know about you, but a snow globe has never really been a necessity for me. I am glad he is so thrilled with it though.
Russell took some time to talk to Leyton last night about how we are going to start wrapping the gifts and putting them under the tree. Then he told him all about how Santa will come down the chimney on Christmas eve and leave him and Harrison even more presents. We have talked about this before but for some reason it really sunk in this time. After Russell laid in bed with him and read him stories, Leyton said "Is Santa going to leave me presents?" right as Russell was shutting the door. Russell told him that he would but not until Christmas Eve. Well, Leyton had let-down of the year this morning. He ran over to the tree, laid on the ground (On his tummy), and pushed himself way under the tree straining to look/find the presents. Poor guy thought Santa had forgotten him. Hope we don't have to do that 20 something more times until the actual day arrives!
2 comments:
When I told Alexandra that Santa would come down the chimney, she looked at me funny - I think if she could articulate it she would say "I think we need better security."
I'm guessing you could take the notebook you have- remove the front and paste it on a notebook with yellow paper inside. Would that work? :-)
Kids are so funny!!!
Post a Comment