Sunday, November 2, 2008
Happy 2nd Birthday, Leyton!
Where does the time go? I told Russell that I can't believe we only get to do this 16 more times before Leyton leaves our home for college! He thinks I'm goofy for saying that and I agree that it may be a little dramatic, but it doesn't change the fact that it makes me sad. While I am sad at how quickly it all goes by, I must say that 2 is such a fun age!!! Terrible twos? No way! I think it's terrific. It is so much fun to be able to fully communicate with your child....know what they are thinking....know what they need or want. He cracks me up. I know that "they" are referring to the tantrums when they call it the terrible twos, but who can really think it's terrible? It's hillarious. I think Leyton deserves an Academy Award for some of his performances. We have had a few meltdowns that are not so funny, but who doesn't have meltdowns? I know I do. We had a one and half hour battle last week about picking the food off the floor. All I said is that he needed to throw the pasta that he threw all over the floor in the trash can. He absolutely, positively refused! I started the battle so I knew I had to stick with it. It was NOT FUN. He is STUBBORN...wonder where he gets that from? Finally, I won the battle. I seriously was wondering if I would. I pictured this battle lasting until 10 pm, but thankfully it didn't. Our camera is broken right now, so photos of his 2nd birthday party will be coming soon. (from my mom's camera) What a rotten time for the camera to break!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Russell may think you're goofy, but I TOTALLY get it! I've had the same thoughts and gotten sad thinking about how little time I get to be the mom of a toddler (because I so love this age!), and then a mom of kids at home...I think my mom is lucky to have had 4 kids over 13 years and has spent 30 years of her life with kids in her house...she might disagree with "lucky", but maybe I would too after 30 years! :)
what a great attitude you have about the tantrums. I need to remember that next time Drew and I are "duking it out!" The time does go by WAY too fast! I guess I will just have to keep having babies to make it all last longer!!!
Post a Comment