Friday, September 26, 2008
Our Last Appointment....
Well, we just got home from our last doctor's appointment before Harrison's arrival. Russell couldn't join us today because he had to wrap up things at work before taking time off next week. So...it was a tad chaotic with just Leyton and myself. It starts off with us sitting in the waiting room. Leyton loves to buckle and unbuckle the straps on the stroller so that was keeping him pretty occupied. Then, he saw the telephone on the table and could hardly control himself. He wanted to push all of the buttons. I told him that we couldn't play with the phone. He didn't, but that didn't stop him from talking about the phone and it's buttons for the rest of the time. It was so tempting that he would just stand right by it and stare. Finally I distracted him with his Animals book. It makes all kinds of fun sounds...pigs snorting, ducks quacking, sheep baaing, and roosters doing whatever it is that roosters do. LOUDLY. I am sure everyone was super annoyed...I know the lady next to me trying to talk on her cell phone was bothered. Hey, I figure most of them are there because they are pregnant and I was just helping to prepare them. Just about this time Leyton lets out a HUGE man toot. I thought the animal noises were loud. Then he proudly yells "Thank you!" Poor guy...he gets thank you and excuse me confused a lot! :) I just had to giggle. Everytime the door would open he would yell "Marsha." That made me laugh too. Finally, we go back to see the doctor. He continues to toot...and stink up the whole room. You better believe that I told the doctor about it as soon as he walked through the door! Other than that the appointment went as expected. I am still 1 cm dilated but this time he told me that my cervix is very soft. He is not on call this weekend so I hope to make it until Monday. We'll see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That make me laugh!!! And I can just see you sitting there red-faced. I've had Sam rip one in a quiet place before too!
We are so excited for you and will be praying for you this weekend and Monday as your prepare to meet you sweet new baby boy! LOL!
we can't wait for Camden's little playmate to arrive!
Post a Comment