Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Look at Me Now!



The main reason we started Leyton in school is because of our experience at our church nursery. This kid cries the whole time we are at church. And when I say cry...I mean CRY. He lays on the floor and weeps for the full two hours. Talk about break your heart. Well, we knew that something had to be done. We knew that it would not get better if we didn't put him in situations for it to get better. Sooooo....what did we do? We signed him up for school at the Grapevine Creative Learning Center for 2 days a week. I am so HAPPY we did. Look at him here...Big smiles! 9:00-2:30...that is a LONG day at school. I think it has helped him adjust quickly though. (or quicker than I thought) He likes his teachers, he loves music time, and he even takes a nap there! He is not a big fan of eating with all the other kids. He just sticks with his Goldfish when he's there...then tells me "Mommy, let's eat" as soon as he gets in the car. He paints me beautiful pictures that hang on my refrigerator. He is doing pretty darn good and it sure makes this mommy's heart feel much better about the whole thing.

No comments: