Tuesday, September 23, 2008

38 Week Update

I just got home from my 38 week doctor's appointment. I thought for sure I was at the hospital to stay. I thought they would admit me for one of 2 reasons.
1. I had dilated so much that I would be going into labor today. or.........
2. They watched me drag my right leg into the office and decided to perform sciatic nerve surgery right then and there.
Nope. In fact, it was so uneventful that it was almost disappointing. Apparently, I haven't dilated any more since last week....even though I have thought I was going into labor every night this week. AND....apparently, I am not the only pregnant lady who is experiencing this horrible nerve pain in my back. Who knew? I guess it is more common than I suspected. And I thought I was special. Anyway....looks like Harrison is most likely going to stay put until Monday. I go again on Friday to make sure, but that is what it looks like right now. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Haley Family said...

Hi! I can't believe it is almost time! Tell little Harrison to stay put so he can be born on my birthday.