Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Friend, Gym

About a month ago we were sitting at the dinner table and I asked Harrison to tell daddy what we did that day. He replied with "gym." He was right! We went to the gym that morning. We were all pretty impressed that he remembered that from early that morning, so we made a big hoopla over his answer. He was proud. So proud that "gym" has now become his answer for so many questions. Examples include....but not limited to....

-What's your name? "Gym." (which is funny because he used to say Harrison)

-What's your teachers name? "Gym"

-What do you have in your hand? "Gym"



You get the point. Funny little dude.



His first FULL day of school was yesterday. He did fantastic. His teachers said that he wanted to make more than one painting, was thrilled with his chips I packed in his lunch, and he took a nap for an hour and a half. Proud of our little munchkin.



I mentioned before that Harrison is really good with letters and sounds. He knows his shapes. He can count. BUT homeboy says that every single thing is blue. His teachers taught the color red yesterday. Their paintings were all done in red... and he proudly exclaims BLUE every time he walks by the painting on the fridge. Can't be good at everything, I guess. ;)



Our little guy is the sweetest little cuddle bug still but man is he showing his "two-ness" as I like to call it. Whether it's grabbing my face or flailing all over the ground....his two-ness is in full effect. He is not phased by time out. He's a tough little cookie to figure out.



He likes to accessorize....helmets, hats, shoes, headbands, costumes---he loves it all.



He wants to be a football player for Halloween. I tried for baseball. Gonna look for a little Aggie jersey.



So that's "Gym" in a nutshell.

No comments: