Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Uh Oh!

We gotta problem...
I went to pick up Erin-Elizabeth from the childcare center at the gym today and noticed that the lady wrote her name on her bottle with a fat black marker. First of all, it is horrible handwriting. Anyone that knows me knows that I am anal about alllllll handwritten things. (especially if you taught with me) It MUST be neat. I will write and rewrite things just to be sure that it is straight. SECOND OF ALL---they wrote ERIN. Where's the Elizabeth, you ask? Me too. I have told them before that it is a double name. I call and schedule appointments and give her name. Do they really think I just say her middle name all the time? This happens a lot. Even after I tell people. And not just at the gym. I am not at all mad about it...I just don't wanna let it slide and then one day have a daughter named Erin. That is not her name. Soooooo, after a great deal of thought, I have come up with my plan. Have you ever seen those shirts that say, for example, "M for Marsha?" They are really cute---I think you can order them at Chasing Fireflies. Anyway, I am going to get one---"E for Erin-Elizabeth." Then I am going to have "Yes, it's a double name!" printed on the back. And she is going to wear it to the gym for a week straight....and to the pediatrician's office....and to church....and anywhere else where they drop Elizabeth. I think it will be a not so subtle way to remind people of her name. Yes, I am serious. :)

3 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

You KNOW that I had to laugh when I read this! I say it's time to label all of EE's stuff with your own fancy handwriting before anyone else does.

For the record, I would've been upset if someone wrote on my stuff - especially with icky handwriting!

Katie Mott said...

Oh do I HEAR YOU SISTER!!! My catch phrase for Mia Claire is I always say "Two names, One girl"...and it gets a laugh and my point across. I get it EVERY SINGLE day!! So annoying!! Seriously - why would I mention the Claire if I don't want it said?? I don't introduce myself as Kathryn Rebecca!! Get it right people! Then the next question I get is "Is her FIRST name Mia Claire, or is her first name Mia..." Oh Brother!
And...it is inexcuseable for someone with nasty handwriting to write on her cuppy! Throw that trash out...
Love your blog Marsha...happy to know we have the same struggles with our double-named future deltas! Maybe I should order that shirt too...

Bessa said...

I can tell you from daycare experience, if you run it in the dishwasher a couple times, the marker will probably come off.

I got some cute Vinyl lables for Eric on etsy.com