Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Harrison's First Day!


Our Harrison's first day of school!
Okay....so for the past few weeks leading up to school, I've been very excited for the boys to go. I went to Harrison's meet the teacher day last week and even told another mom that I am excited for both boys to go to school. I said that she'd notice me on the first day because I'd be the one doing cartwheels out of the door. I'm sure she was giggling when she saw me crying in my car instead!!! I don't know what my deal is....it's not like he is starting Kindergarten. It is 2 days a week. A nice way for me to have a little time for myself (and my girl) and for him to have a fun-filled day. It just hit me hard this morning. My sweet little baby Harrison is growing up. Fast.
Then there is Harrison. He cries every time he goes somewhere without Leyton. He always wants Leyton. (Leyton's first day of school was not today) I was prepared for Harrison to freak out a little. Probably cry a lot. We walk in today and he shows his teachers his shoes and just cruises in with his backpack on....not even turning back to look at me. I peeked at him through the window (I can see him, he can't see me) and he is just chillin' with his teacher playing with the race track and cars. He acted like an old pro. I was so happy for him!
I came to pick him up and he was still happily playing. He said his goodbyes and we started walking out to the car. Then outta no where, he does the whole drop to the ground thing and starts crying "class! class!" He wants to go back in! I am carrying EE and his backpack. This is about the time when other parents give me one of two looks: the "pity look" or the "stop having babies" look. The music teacher comes up to help. I put EE in the car and then turn around to find him holding on to her legs for dear life. The funniest part is that he hasn't even had music yet. He had no clue who she was. He just wanted to stay with her and stay at school. She probably thinks he is mistreated at home!
SO, I think it's safe to say that I am 0 for 2. I was sad... and he was pretty much elated.
We are so proud of you, Harrison and are so glad you enjoy school. You could cut out the whole wanting to stay there business though. We love you!


1 comment:

Katie Mott said...

your blog posts make me laugh right out loud!!! what a story-teller you are!! so happy you have this blog so that your sweet harrison can re-live his day when he is older!! super funny, marsha!! blake starts next week...2days a week...mom's morning out class...i'm sure ill have a post about it - im a little nervous...he's never gone ANYWHERE...i mean that literally...without me!!