Leyton had his first day yesterday and did great too. His teacher described him as "sweet" on his letter home...and I couldn't agree more! This is his first year in real pre-school and I was kinda nervous, but I don't think he was. I was proud of my little man.
As I have mentioned before, he has been going through a rough time at night. The list of his fears are...
-gorillas
-snakes
-bad worms
-sharks
-whales
-snapping flowers
-& the most heartbreaking---us leaving
We have calmed his fears repeatedly....making many trips up and down the stairs over and over and over again. The other night I brought two blocks upstairs with me. I marked a number 1 on the first block and a number 2 on the second. I told him when he called us up the first time, he'd have to give us his 1 block...and if he called us up again he would have to give us his 2 block. I told him that once he didn't have any blocks left, he couldn't call us up again. I also bribed him a bit too -for good measure. :) I told him that when I came upstairs in the morning if he has one block he'd get a piece of gum...2 blocks=2 pieces. (my kid is a gum junkie) The first night he only called us up once and last night he saved both blocks! Keeping my fingers crossed that this will work and he will be able to work through his fears on his own. I really can relate to the little guy, because I was a very scared little kid. I hate it for him!
He has decided to be "Smitty" from Imagination Movers for Halloween. It just came in the mail and it is super duper cute.
He gets excited every time we drive by his "big school" aka the high school he will go to. Then, he is going to A&M after that school. After he graduates from college, he is going to be a driver. (taxi's, vans, and buses) He also wants to be a sign putter upper (his words) He wants to put up stop signs and other signs too. Dream big, baby boy! :)
4 comments:
Such a smart way to deal with bedtime, Momma! I have a feeling he is going to be getting lots of gum!
And, that is so cute about the high school. Maddux is our only El that does that...always pointing out which school he is going to. Although, he hasn't told us his college of choice yet:-)
oooh what a good idea with the blocks, I think I will try it! Drew is falling asleep in our bed most nights...or we have to stay in his room till he falls asleep, but then he askes in the morning why we left him...he tells us he is afraid of the man grabbing his shirt and not getting out of our house...horrible! 'dream big baby boy' made me LOL!!!!!!!
GREAT work momma and holy crap, I LOLd when I read what he inspires to be --- a sign putter-upper. :) FYI. Haylen wanted to be a WalMart greeter when he grew up. Why? So he could see mommy and daddy everyday while they are getting their beer. His words. Nice! :)
Does his Smitty costume come with a Warehouse Mouse? Annemarie is a big Imagination Movers fan as well. I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween this year and she told me Kiki from Fresh Beat. She is 100% OBSESSED with that show. Once she pretended she had a stomach ache at the Childrens Museum so she could go home and watch Fresh Beat. Tricky booger. Anyway, where did you find your Smitty costume?
Post a Comment