Friday, August 6, 2010

Roberts Family Tid Bits

-Bath time has become a battle. It all started a couple of days ago when Harrison got in the bathtub after EE and there was one of her black beans hanging out in the water. My guy flipped and was screaming "BUG!" So now he thinks there are bugs in our bathtub.

-When I tell Leyton what we will be doing the next day, he always replies with the same question..."This morrow?" (meaning tomorrow)

-Erin-Elizabeth and I got in Leyton's bed when he was waking up for a nap. I jokingly asked him if he wanted us to keep his sister. "Yes and I want to take really good care of her" was his sweet sweet reply. Then he smushed her by putting his entire body weight on top of her.

-I've been trying to think of a fantastic idea for Harrison's second birthday. I finally decided that he would LOVE a soccer tots birthday party. I've been emailing his old coach and after a long battle on the website I finally figured out how to get it all set up. I excitedly picked up Harrison and asked if he wanted to have a soccer party. He replied with a simple "no."

-Scary story. I always check our pool fence (even though it is never unlocked) before I let the boys play outside. Today they wanted to play in the sand so I brought them out and was sidetracked. I came in and was folding laundry when Leyton started knocking on the door. He told me that he had something to show me. I told him I'd be right there after I laid the pile on the couch. As I walked out he said "This is very real. This is very strange." The entire end of the pool fence had been removed. (lawn guys, I guess.) I have had a pit in my stomach the rest of the day. I am beyond thankful that he came to tell me and that it was him that discovered this instead of his little brother. My world could have crashed in today. Lesson learned for sure. It only takes one time.

-I joined a gym and the kids go to the childcare area. Well, if you know my kids they haven't always been great about being dropped off places--probably because it does not happen much. They LOVE it. LOVE IT!! It has been so fun for them...and very nice for me too. They ask to go every day. I should look like a bodybuilder any day now.

-Our fam is doing great. Staying busy busy trying to soak up every last minute of this summer. It's been so fun. "This morrow" we are school shopping for the boys---after taking them to the gym, of course. The boys are extra excited about the gym because it's Saturday---which means we can swim there since daddy will be with us.

...and there you have it---our groundbreaking news!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

so glad they are loving the gym...even if you're not working out...get a coffee and read a magazine!

Haley Family said...

Oh Marsha. I would love to spend an afternoon with your family. I think I have said that once already. Maybe we should make that happen. Annemarie and Harrison would probably play quite well together. Next time you come to visit your parents, let me know and we will get together. That is such great news about the gym!! Isn't it a WONDERFUL feeling dropping your kids off knowing they will have fun while you exercise?? Ahhhh