Today me and the 3 kiddos headed to the pediatrician's office for Erin-Elizabeth's 6 month well check. Harrison also had an appointment because little man has had a fever since Saturday.
Harrison is fine. Doc says Fifth's Disease. Viral. Said that he would probably be cranky. Ya think? I spent the entire 1 hour and 20 minutes at the doctor watching him thrash his body around all over the office floor. Fun. He wanted me to hold him the whole time which is pretty much impossible while having a 6 month old lying on a table. Harrison brought his fit to a whole new level by actually rolling across the entire room...oh, and he went out with a bang too. Literally. Banging his head on the cabinets. (this one is not typically part of the routine) Nice. I'm sure they were glad to get us out of there. Coincidentally I talked to the pedi about the best way to discipline our (almost) 22 month old. I told him that the things that worked for Leyton aren't working as well for Harrison. He suggested putting him in a Pack n Play for time-out and setting a timer. Brilliant. He also said not to give more than one warning. Great for me to hear. A nice reminder. I must admit that I have not been "on top of my game" as much as I was with Leyton. I'm a mommy on a mission now.
Erin-Elizabeth had a great checkup. I had her dressed in a adorable little outfit for her appointment. Then I wondered why I did that because she was undressed the entire time. Plus, the adorable outfit left a not-so-adorable rash under both of her underarms. They asked all the generic well check questions, took her temp, listened to her lungs. Measured her. Weighed her. Oh and they measured her noggin too. Standard procedure. When the nurse brought her stats back into me I almost fell on the ground. Our girl is off the charts on height. She is over the 100%. This just makes me laugh considering who her family members are. I was a shrimp until Junior High and my doc said I'd never hit 5 feet. (I showed him!) I know that just because she is tall now doesn't mean it will always be that way, but it was very unexpected. She is in the 94% for weight. 50% for head. My main concern for the day was her left eye. It rolls in slightly sometimes and lots in pictures. My doc said it is just the way it appears because her nose bridge is so wide. I thought for sure we'd be patching her "good eye" to correct it and I have been bedazzling and decorating patches in my sleep. My girl was going to rock her patch. Turns out, she doesn't need one. Which I am thankful for...even though I did come up with some cute creations in my mind.
Some new things about our girl. She is eating some table food now and doing really pretty good. She has had cut up bananas and whole wheat bread. Tonight I'll try some green beans cut up in tiny pieces. She seems to like feeding herself more than when mommy does it. I'd say about 60% makes it into her mouth and then I assume my position on my hands and knees cleaning up her mess. (I swear I spend a great deal of my day cleaning the floor that way) We are trying to feed her more food and less milk. (pedi's recommendation) She has really cut back on milk on her own the past week or so....so it shouldn't be too big of a deal. She goes to bed pretty early....and wakes pretty early. (lucky me!---do you sense the sarcasm?) She loves to jump in the jump-a-roo. She is very entertained with her brothers. She scoots around but is definitely not mobile. Her bottom two teeth are about to make their appearance! She still toots with her mouth all the time and is constantly making noise. Girly girly high pitched noises. I will post a video when I figure that out. It's pretty cute. She just started crying every time I leave the room within the past week or so. Full on bawling. She loves me, I guess. :)
And I love her too...very much.
And you too Harrison---my little head-banger!
3 comments:
If anyone could rock an eye patch it would be EE. I am glad the appointment went so well and she is just growing like a weed. Keep up the good work mama! They fact that you go to the pedi's office with 3 kids is completely beyond me. I can barely handle one! Go girl!
I have an appt for Camden tomorrow and asked a neighbor to take Drew, you rock mama~
and YEAH for the eye!!!!!
EE is off the charts?! THAT is super funny to me but exciting too -- it is never too early to put a basketball in her hands. :)
And that little Harrison .... I had flashbacks of my little Haylen. Can't wait to see how the play pen time out goes for you. It didn't work for me - the fit always continued in there, actually figuring out how to rock it over and climb out. :) Not to discourage you or anything but for my little guy, his tantrums were uncontrolable until I started taking away his favorite things... it worked like a charm. Anyway, let us know how it goes for you. Good luck!! Hugs.
Post a Comment