I have been doing storytelling this week at VBS. The kids have been coming with me and it has turned out to be a lot of fun. Leyton is in the "Stars" group and he gets to participate in a lot of the activities. He is there for the opening songs, snack, and closing songs and prayers. During the rest of the day, he is with the other "Stars" in a separate room doing age appropriate VBS lessons. Yesterday (his first day) he went to the bathroom 697 times...because I was teaching on the stage and he could walk by me to wave hello. :) Today, I only saw him heading to the bathroom a couple of times. When I picked him up he exclaimed "I had soooo much fun today!" He also told us that he made 2 new friends--Luke and Cooper. That makes mommy's heart very happy.
Harrison is upstairs in childcare along with Erin-Elizabeth. Not a tear from Harrison THIS morning. He was happily playing when I came to pick him up and EE was soaring like superwoman doing her tummy time. & this makes mommy's heart happy too!
I love that the kiddos are getting used to the church and feeling comfortable there. We have many wonderful memories in our church. It is where Russell and I attended when we started dating. It is where Russell was baptized while we were dating. It is where he proposed. It is where we got married. It is where we baptized both boys...and EE very soon! I have a feeling there will be many wonderful memories made there in our future as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment