Things have been busy at the Roberts household.
*We are putting our house on the market, so we have had lots of little odd jobs around here to get it ready. We are making progress....should be set in a week or two. We want to stay in the same area...we just want a new(er) house and for it to be set up to better suit our family.
*Summer should be fun & busy. We already feel like we have something planned for almost every weekend of the entire summer. We also have something planned almost every day of the week. Lots of play dates with our favorite folks....and we are starting Family Gym at Gymboree.
*Thanks to our friend Rachael's advice, we got Leyton his first real set of golf clubs. Russell and Leyton are going to go golf once a week for some fun, male bonding time.
*Erin-Elizabeth had 2 firsts this past week...1. first swim 2. first time we dropped her off in the nursery while we went to sunday school. (she has been going with us) She did great with both...and so did I!
*Miss Diva aka EE....has been shaking things up around here during the night. My once 12 hr sleeper has decided to wake up any where from 1-3 and stay up for quite a while. She talks and sings like crazy during this time period. It almost (I said almost) makes it kinda fun. I plan on videoing it so I can always remember her sweet 4 month sounds.
*Harrison is 20 months old. 20 months! That means almost 2! He's adorable and fun and opiniated and whiny. He's slimming down and becoming picky. He (of course) is still a snuggler and he loves playing with Leyton. He says uh huh instead of yes. Which I think is so cute. He has a deep giggle when he does something or gets something he likes. (like when I put green crocs on him for the first time) He is STRESSED out when his sister cries. He loves cars and choo choos. When I ask him what sport he wants to play in school, he answers with soccer...with an emphasis on the "er".
*We've started having family movie night. Last night's movie? The Chipmunks. (the Squeakqual) We have seen it. Not my favorite but the kiddos like it. Leyton really likes it. We snuggled on the coach...even EE. We had popcorn. Erin-Elizabeth was fuming mad that we were all eating popcorn without her. Seriously going crazy for the stuff. Popcorn was our dinner last night. I remember when my mom did that with us as kids and she would say we are having a "Charlie Brown" dinner. (you know since that is all Charlie Brown eats) So, we had our first Charlie Brown dinner last night as a fam.
*EE eats cereal now...2 times a day. And yesterday, we started giving her a fruit in the morning and a veggie at night. She likes to eat.
*She can kinda sit up all by herself...kinda. Slouchy. Great. I'm already that mom...."THROW YOUR SHOULDERS BACK!"
1 comment:
EE is so cute and getting so big!!! I feel like your kids grow so fast. I love that you had popcorn for dinner. Sometimes we have frozen yogurt for dinner at our house. Mmmmm.
Post a Comment