Tuesday, April 6, 2010

18 Months...

as in a year and a half! That's really not that long...I seriously can't remember life before him though. It's the weirdest feeling. Anyway, our Harrison is a year and a half. He is bunches of fun these days. We had his well check today. He is in the 50% for weight, 75% for head, and 90% for height. I think they had to have measured him wrong. They said he is 33 inches tall. For some reason I just don't believe them. Annnnyway....doc told me to start putting him in time-out. We have done that a couple of times. He likes it. I think it makes him feel like his big brother. He stands on the rug and fake cries. I can't get him to sit. I figure at least he's there. Today I had to send him to time out and he did his usual dramatic routine. When I went over to tell him why I sent him there he just looked up at me, automatically quit his "crying", smiled, and said "tay." (means okay) It took every ounce of strength I could muster up not to bust a gut laughing. The doc also told me to start potty training him. Yeah. Seems early to me too. I thought I'd give it a shot. We came home and I sat him on the toilet and told him it was time to poop. He pushed a little, got off the toilet, and stuck his foot in the water on his way down. I told him I was going to leave his diaper off of him and that he needs to tell me when he has to pee or poop so I can bring him to the potty. Not even 2 minutes later he was playing in his puddle of pee in the laundry room. About 3 minutes after that, he peed on Leyton's Pottery Barn chair. I put his diaper back on him and told him that I hope he enjoyed his 5 minutes of potty training, because we are finished for a while!

Some things about Sonny son son son...

-He loves Dah-deeeee bunches. Yes, it hurt my feelings a little when he bypassed me and ran to daddy when we picked him up from the nursery at church. And yes, my arms were stretched out for that big hug. ouch. still stings a bit.

-He loves Mah too though. When daddy is at work, I am the cool cat.

-SNUGGLE maniac. I love it.

-Talking a lot more.

-Goes down the stairs backwards still. He will even turn around backwards to go from a change in elevation. Seriously. Cracks me up.

-Climbs on EVERYTHING.

-Loves to brush his teeth.

-Throws a mean temper tantrum.

-His bottom lip hits the ground when he cries.

-He has a mouth full of teeth...and a contagious smile!

-Wants to read books non-stop. Most favorite toy right now. Love that.

-Is a little green-eyed monster when I'm feeding the baby.

He lights up our world. We love you, Harrison!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

potty training....what???? you sound like a funny man Harrison!!!

Haley Family said...

That is so funny about the potty training story! 18 months seems way too early to start that feat! I truly love reading your blog entries. Thanks!

Ali and Eric said...

Marsha! I tried to get to your blog from mine, but it didn't work. Anyway - found it.

Yes, I think it is y'all on our monitor if we switch channels. I promise we don't spy too much - just the babysitters! Those girls were hilarious switching back and forth between babies. We will keep the Modern Family moments to a minimum :)