I need a grammar lesson...or I guess a punctuation lesson. I named the blog (so creative, I know) The Roberts' Family. Now really...I don't need that apostrophe at the end of Roberts, do I? That is our last name...and I am not showing possession...or am I? I am so confused! It's my OWN last name and my mind is completely boggled. Good thing I quit teaching...now at least we only have to worry about the 2 boys I'm trying to raise at home!
p.s. this is NOT an invitation to correct ALL of my grammar/punctuation mistakes....just the one about my last name!
p.s.s. I just re-read my entry to check for any spelling errors and I have officially decided that it should just be The Roberts Family. I wouldn't write The Smith's Family if that were my last name. I'm so smart!
5 comments:
Ok Marsha...I have this weird thing about loving grammar...don't know why!! It actually depends on if you are wanting to show possession or not...so if you're trying to say the Roberts' Family blog - you would need the apostrophe, but if the title is simply "The Roberts Family"...then that's it! Love your pictures!! Your kids are soooo cute!
So I just heard a funny story yesterday about a lady who had an apostrophe in her name. She called it a "comma to the top". I'm not very good with grammar and punctuation so I don't know if you need a 'comma to the top' or not. By the way her name was Sha'Dynasty - classic! She was mad that they had called out her name at the drs. office as Shady Nasty - hence she told everyone in the office about her apostrophe. I'm glad that baby is doing better, and I got to meet Leighton last week at Walmart - he is a real cutie!! Talk to you soon. -Sonia
I love Shady Nasty! So stinkin' funny!
btw...did you like the comma at the top of stinkin'?
I hate grammar and puncuation and spelling...glad you have smart friends to help with this one bc I'm not it! I was excited when I got married that I no longer had a last name that ended in "s". I had that name for 27 years and still never learned how to use an apostrophe with it.
Post a Comment