Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just Zip It!

I was just thinking...
It all starts when you are pregnant. One stranger came up to me and told me that she just knew it was a girl...because I was wide and not carrying the baby in my tummy. RUDE! Why yes...I had an ultrasound yesterday and you are right---I'm carrying the baby in my thunder thighs. ugh.

Then when Leyton was about 8 months old, I was at Old Navy, and a lady asked me how old he was. When I told her she went on and on and on about how her baby was that size at 3 months. RUDE again! Listen lady, I work real hard to feed this baby and I can't help but be a tad offended when you are commenting on how small he is.

THEN...I was at the park with the boys a few weeks ago and a lady asked me if Leyton was one. She HAS kids...come on lady. Yeah, my one year old just told me he wants to go down the slide backwards...use your brain!

Yesterday...a lady at Walgreens said, "He should be wearing a hat...you don't want him to get an ear infection, do you?" SO RUDE! Of course...that is my goal for the day---to make sure my child gets an ear infection.

Just zip it...I think that is what I'll say next time.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

and if she had half a brain she would know that cold air doesn't cause an ear infection, der!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Are you writing this because of my dream? I know you always put Harrison in a car seat - when we're driving around in a van - while I'm looking for a private plane to fly me home - from a train station. :)

Seriously, people need to mind their own business sometimes!

Katie Mott said...

My fave is when people ask you if you're having TWINS when you're preggo. That happened to me many times!! Yes, I know I am a huge lard-ass but please don't rub it in people!! I'm with you on the zip-it comment!

Jen said...

You should have told her only old women think cold air makes you sick.

The Gecks said...

MARSHA!!!!! I just checked in and this is the best post I've read in a while. Please do more.... it made my day! Good job on being the crappiest mom you can possibly be so that you can collect advice out on the streets.

Bessa said...

So with you on the random playground comments. "Oh, she must be cold." Shut up. My daughter will tell me if she's cold! What bugs me most (and probably shouldn't) are the people who "help" Alexandra up the steps or down the slide. She's MY daughter. I know what she can do. I'm not abandoning her. I'm letting her do it herself.