Thursday, August 30, 2012

What Have I Done?

I have done what I always said I wouldn't do.

I remember driving in the car when I was younger to float the river with my family....and about 5 other families. Dad driving, mom in passenger seat, and me and my sis in the backseat. My mom started reading the brochure about what to do if you fall off the raft. It was talking about the undercurrent and my mom started bawling. She was scared. Which of course made me scared. This is just one of many examples of how my mom (who is awesome, BUT a worry wart) has made me a worry wart (but awesome!;)) too!

I always told myself to keep my crazy fears to myself in front of the kids. This plan was going pretty smooth until Leyton was oh...1. I guess it just took a bee swarming my face for me to go all crazy. I tried to keep it cool. I tried hard, but I couldn't help but run in circles while screaming. He's scared of bees. Shocker.

I cringe when I see my kids playing by our retaining wall because I think a snake would find that wood to be a perfect place to hide. I try to just let the kids play like they should, but I usually say something about snakes biting their feet. My kids can scope out hiding places for snakes now.

And the latest? My daughter actually sprints to the car every morning yelling "Squitos!!! Hurry brudders, the squitos will get us!!" Guess mommy has put the West Nile fear in them.

I'm going to work on it.

I'm still amazed my mom even let me get on the river. I thought she was crazy...and we all laughed and made fun of her. I get it mom.

1 comment:

El Momma said...

I totally get it too, Mom! I try not to be a worry wart. But, it's hard. I'm the calm one of the 2 parents in my house. But, when I'm the only parent around, I make up for it and go all crazy with the comments about what would happen if. :-)