That is Leyton's newest nickname. I don't know why I started ever calling him Tony in the first place...maybe because of the "ton" in his name. I am the queen of giving nicknames, but please don't think that it means you should call my son Tony. Or Tony Pepperoni. Or Tony Pepperoni who rides a pony. Or Tony Macaroni. Or Tony Mac. We will stick with Leyton.
Speaking of ol' Tones Bones....one week until Kindergarten. I don't feel nervous one bit. I must be though--- considering my left eye has twitched for over a month and I feel like I can't catch my breath sometimes!! ;)
We go on Thursday to find out his teacher and for Meet the Teacher night. Such exciting stuff!
We signed him up for the fall soccer league and he will start back with his drum lessons after Labor Day. (we took a little summer break)
We have went on a couple dates lately...just me & my first born. It's so nice to be able to focus entirely on him and just enjoy his company. He is so funny....and not in just a little kid way. (even though there are a lot of pretty lame-o knock knock jokes, trust me. Did I say lame-o?!? I mean totally awesome knock knock jokes.) This kid has mastered the art of random humor and I love it. He seriously cracks me up! I'll share some of his hilarious-ness another time. This week we went to a Kindergarten Kick-off party at the trampoline park and then had lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant afterwards. We also were able to go catch a movie last night. We held hands the whole time. It made me happy. I just wonder how much longer I have left of him wanting to go on dates with his mommy. I'm just going to soak it up while I can. Enjoying his company. Holding hands. Putting my arm around him during the scary part. (you know animated bears are VERY frightening) Sharing popcorn. Having him open my doors. Answering questions about what different things mean. Watching him laugh his head off at sweet, innocent jokes. It's perfect, really. I'm thankful for these moments. And I don't ever want to forget them.
No comments:
Post a Comment