Friday, January 28, 2011

little update

We've been busy. But it's not been fun. 2 full weeks of sharing a nasty stomach bug.

Now on to a family update....

Leytonio....
He has had 2 show and tells at school so far. White day....he brought his white rocket alarm clock to show and tell his friends about. Black day...he brought his Wii remote. He also had PJ day at school on Thursday and he rocked his pajamas. (Dad's Rock Star pj's) He is a great helper and has recently asked to start doing chores. He brings his dishes to the sink, opens the blinds for me in the morning, closes them at night, dusts, cleans up his toys, and he told me today that he wants to start making his bed in the morning. Waahooo! Let's see how long this lasts. He tells me "I love chores, mommy." Russell and I have started to call him the "Sheriff" because he is always reminding us to follow the rules. Like, "The orange light means slow down, daddy" or "Don't unbuckle yourself until we are stopped in the driveway." He is also trying to enforce the rules with Harrison. "You will not have any snacks unless you eat a healthy amount of your meal, Harrison." He loves doing Just Dance 2 on the Wii....and his Backyardigan Fit game. He loves Fridays and Saturdays because his brother gets to sleep with him in his bed. He is a creature of habit and he definitely likes his routine. Typical first born from what I hear. But he is anything but typical to me. I think he's so fun and I am definitely enjoying this age a bunch.

Harrison has recently told me that he is Leyton. When I ask him what his name is....I'm Leyton, not Harrison. He loves his big brother. Copies him and wants to do exactly what "brudder" is doing. He tells me that monsters scare him...and roosters. Not sure where he got the whole rooster thing. He has an opinion about just about everything. He is particular about what he wears and we've had to get pretty creative to avoid the battles while getting dressed. He loves ping pong, so his Pumas are now referred to as "Ping Pong shoes" to get him to wear them. If there is a crinkle in his sock he demands me to take them off because he says there are lizards in his shoes. He colors and paints his body often. In fact, he is napping right now with a face covered in paint. He has poked a hole in his lovie and now holds it by putting his finger through the hole. He eats a lot if he really likes the food....but most things I sit in front of him now he has decided he doesn't like. "Harrison no like this." Frustrating and kinda cute at the same time. He loves school. And I love that. He is my sweet little lovebug who asks me to snuggle him every day. Love him!

Erin-Elizabeth is back to her old self. She was very bothered by the tummy bug and cried for about 6 days straight. It is so nice to see her back to her smiley, laughing self. She hasn't had a bottle since her first birthday and doesn't seem to miss them. Which completely shocked me. She likes the Lego table and her push toys. But mostly, she just loves playing with anything her brothers are playing with. Leyton told me the other day that EE is like a dog. I must agree. She steals food from your plate and crawls around with things in her mouth. She is starting to stand alone for short periods of time but hasn't attempted her first steps without her push stroller or one of our hands. The other day I heard a cry coming from my bedroom...I came in to find her under our treadmill. Completely stuck. I don't even know how she got under there...there is not much space AT ALL between the treadmill and the floor. I thanked her for dusting under there for me though. She's full of spunk and personality...and I'm completely wrapped around her little finger. Daddy too.

Overall, life is grand. Kids are good and it's Friday. No complaints over here. Oh...and mommy and daddy are going to Vegas next Thursday with our best buddies. The boys are so excited to go stay at Mimi and Poppy's house...alone!

1 comment:

Katie Mott said...

oh marsha! I just love your posts and can TOTALLY relate to everything you write!! sometimes I feel like it's like we live on the same street and are chatting over coffee! I WISH! we would have such fun playdates with our crazy clan!Glad you're over the stomach bugs! Whew! hope you're having a great day!