Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Harrison Update

Quick update on little man...
He had his 2 week appointment last week. He was back up to his birth weight and come to find out our little shorty isn't really as short as we thought. I thought it was pretty funny that he was 18 inches when he was born. Apparently they measured him wrong or he grew a bunch in 2 weeks. He measured almost 21 inches at the dr's appointment. I thought that he seemed longer than 18 inches with his long skinny legs. Anyway...we went back to the dr. today because we have been thinking he has acid reflux. He started medicine today so hopefully we will see an improvement soon. Having a second child is very different from the first. I was sitting in the dr's office today and thought to myself...oh my gosh, when was the last time I bathed this kid? It wasn't that he stunk or anything, but I just realized that I have not even thought about a bath in a while. I was relieved to remember that it was just a couple of days, but it got me thinking. Who forgets to bathe their kid? That's just crazy. Needless to say he got a bath as soon as we came home from his appointment today. I hope this is a universal feeling, but I do have major mom guilt. I feel sad that I don't spend as much time with Harrison as I did Leyton when he was a baby. I mean I used to sit and watch Leyton sleep. I talked to him constantly. I sang to him all the time. Sometimes I miss Harrison's "awake" time...and apparently I may even forget to bathe him. I hate mom guilt. One thing is for sure...I always wondered if I could love the second one as much as Leyton....I can...and I do!

No comments: