Sunday, July 31, 2011

Almost August!

I can't believe how fast the summer has flown by! Since it's been a while, I thought I'd give a quick update on the kiddos.
Ladies first.
Erin-Elizabeth is 18.5 months. She weighs in a little over 25 pounds and seems so tall to me. She was in the 60th% across the board at her well check. She received one shot and the pedi said we need to get rid of her paci. Ugh. I think I am going to wait until her 4 teeth that are bulging through the gums come completely through before I take on that task. (and then I'm sure I'll find another excuse) I am vowing to do better about only allowing it at bed and nap time for her. We'll see. She is fiesty...for reaaalllll. She can tend to be a tad bossy and extremely vocal. We are really really trying to ignore this behavior (when nobody is being harmed) so that it will hopefully be a short phase. Every time I tell Russell that she is a crazy woman, he gently reminds me that she has my exact personality. hmmmm. She is fun-loving too though, so I am going to assume that is what he means. ;) She loves to cuddle and she tries to be a little comedian at the dinner table...nothing makes her happier than having everyone laugh at her "performances." She is going to time out now and she does well there. She now sits on the rug for a full minute and a half. Then I go over and say something like, "Erin-Elizabeth, you cannot pull your brother's hair. It hurts. Okay?" She says "kaaaaay", giggles, stands up, and says some word that is supposed to sound like sorry. She really likes the whole idea of time out...fake crying for the full 1.5 minutes. She's full of personality and very fun to watch explore everything around her. We all think she's pretty stinkin' cute.

Harrison is doing great. We need to get rid of his paci too, but he really only does use it when he sleeps. His best friend is Leyton and they do everything together. Except he only calls Leyton brother. He has been crawling out of his crib over and over again, so we are going to have to put him in a big boy bed. AND...he is going to be 3 on September 29th so I need to think about potty training him more than I have. Lots of changes for this big guy. I think I'll tackle potty training first. He went one time in the toilet. Now every time I ask him to go he says "I already did last day." (meaning yesterday) I'll keep him naked when we are home for a bit and the kid doesn't have an accident but he doesn't go in the toilet either. I swear he only pees when he's sleeping. He likes playing Mario Kart with his brother and he really loves going to Six Flags with daddy and Leyton. He loves to ride the train in the dark.

Leyton seems like such a big boy to me lately. A few weeks ago I was thinking about just how easy and fun Leyton has been to be around. It seems like the day after I thought that, he became a master of negotiation and begging. Lots of begging. Him and his brother decided to draw on my bedroom walls last week. That landed him an early bedtime that he wasn't too thrilled about. BUT...he stayed awake in his room until after 10 pm. He's very sweet though too. Constantly telling me how he loves me as much as all the numbers in the world. He takes good care of his brother and sister. He has a big truck that he named "Chuck Norris" which makes me crack up. I just realized though that I think he calls him "Truck Norris." He has really shown an interest in reading and he is doing pretty good with that. He also likes to write in his journal. (drawing pictures) His most favorite things though are still Wipeout and 101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow. He reenacts the shows all the time. The other day he was pretending to be the host and he interviewed Harrison. "So Harrison, what do you do for a living?" Harrison replied with "I'm a daddy." Melted.my.heart.

August tomorrow. Enjoying the summer but ready for some relief from the heat. (I feel old talking about weather.) Leyton asks me everyday if it is still 100 degrees. :)

No comments: