Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Well, CHECK!


2 appointments down today! We started the morning at the pediatric eye doctor. I would say "opthamologist" but I'm sure I am not spelling it right and spell check won't even fix it. SOOOO...anyway, me and my girl spent the morning at the eye doctor. Turns out that her eye doesn't turn in. I thought she had a strabismus (eye rolling in) but really she has a "psuedostrabismus." It just looks like her eye rolls in at times because of her nose bridge. Blah blah...point is, she is clear! Yea for EE! She also had her eyes dilated and had her first eye exam--she did great. In fact, she was so relaxed through the end of her appointment that she slept through her entire eye exam. Seriously! She slept while he pryed open each eyelid and did his thing. I think it was because she had already been there for an hour and a half. AND eye doctor appointments are exhausting! :)

Straight from that appointment we headed to her 9 month well check. She did good. I was the one that wanted to cry. It was 11:00 am and I basically had been holding EE since 9:30....she was getting heavy! She is a little over 28 inches long, weighs 21.5 pounds, and (once again) I forget her head circumference. Doc checked her out and then I held her until 12:45 waiting for all the nurses to get a urine sample, prick her finger, and give her 2 shots. That is a lot of baby holding!!! I'm not complaining though (because she is definitely fun to hold), but I did have a very sad and tired little baby girl when we were leaving the office.

She is a trooper because I dragged her through the grocery store after that.

We are both kinda tired tonight. And we get to go back for another appointment tomorrow. (for her big brother!)

1 comment:

Haley Family said...

I took Annemarie in for an eye appt when she was about 9 months old. She SCREAMED and cried anytime the doctor walked in. Needless to say, we left that appt. I am glad her eyes are good though. I saw your mom at Dr. Haggerty's office on Wednesday. She is so sweet! Annemarie got a flu shot.