Friday, February 26, 2010
Stressful Day...
Today has been challenging. Erin-Elizabeth is normally a happy baby. Today she cried and cried and I could tell she wasn't comfortable. I felt bad for her. She would cry when I'd try to feed her. I didn't like that I couldn't comfort her. Harrison has had a lingering cold. He was upset and wanted his "mama" but I had to take care of Erin-Elizabeth. SOOO...of course I felt bad for Harrison. We got a little bit of time together when he refused to nap. And then there is Leyton. He has a major case of cabin fever and is bouncing off the walls. With all of Erin-Elizabeth and Harrison's crying I had a hard time focusing any attention on Leyton today. His behavior was challenging to say the least. After the kids all went to bed I do what moms do best. I felt guilty. I felt bad about not giving Leyton more attention, so I went up, woke him up, and spent some time hanging out in his room with him. He counted my teeth (random, I know), we talked, and I told him that I was sorry for being tired and boring today. Then we asked each other what our favorite part of the day was. He made me go first...so I told him my favorite part of the day was right then...laying and talking with him in bed. Next it was his turn. I was waiting for him to tell me something equally as sweet. His reply----"When I saw my daddy." Ouch...so much for a confidence booster. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
well you are a super sweet mommy for waking him when you knew it was the only time you'd have time for just him...super sweet I tell ya!
You are doing great, we all suffer from the mommy guilt sometimes, especially in the early days :(
I am sorry you had "one of those days" - this is such a great post though, because all of us mommy's have had these types of days and it is refreshing to know we aren't alone.
You are the best mommmy ... i can totally see him counting your teeth... funny! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
At least now you know why EE was in a lousy mood. I hope she feels better soon.
Ouch is right. I think kids do that to piss the mom off. I am sorry it was a rough day. My hat goes off to you that you are such a good mom to 3 little ones!
Post a Comment