Yep. I'm 32. It's official. Today is the day.
My mom came in town last weekend. So fun to see her and spend time with her! The boys always love seeing Mimi. We celebrated at Southlake Town Center on Saturday with a little shopping, lots of eating, and having ice cream by the fountains. (Leyton loves the fountains!)
Then Sunday we ate ice cream cake and Leyton and I blew out my candles. Harrison would have helped too, if he knew how.
Yesterday my BFF Kristin came over and brought me dinner and a present for my birthday. The boys were asleep so we got to actually have some talking time...which rarely happens when all 5 boys are together.
Today is the real day of my birth...and I woke up with two cards waiting for me on the kitchen counter. (Russell had to leave for work at 5:30 am!) Then, I went to hear Erin Elizabeth's heartbeat and get my tummy measured. Oh, I also got blood taken for my glucose test. After that Harrison and I went on a date to Chipotle. We hung out...it was cool.
Russell works late tonight because this happens to be the week of his big sales conference. So...I am going to use the rest of the day to spend time with my boys and watch DWTS when they go to bed.
Then Russell is taking Thursday off to spend time with ME...his 32 year old wife. I don't know what we will do but I am happy to spend time with my baby's daddy. :)
SOOO...I make a big deal of saying that birthdays don't matter anymore---you know, once you can drive, legally go places in college, have a glass of wine at a restaraunt...who am I kiddding? Looks like I had a pretty special celebration for being just plain 32. Here's to another wonderful year of life!
p.s. Mom, you and dad were brilliant for having another child. Thanks to you for giving birth to me 32 years ago. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment