Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gettin' out of House Arrest

I have mentioned in previous posts about how we have been on "lockdown" since Harrison was sick. Our doctor advised us to keep him away from germy places, so we complied. It wasn't an easy task. This picture is just an example of how we entertained ourselves in the house for a few months. We took random snapshots of ourselves with the camera. Please note that this picture was taken around 3 or so in the afternoon....and yes Leyton was still wearing his pj's from the night before! We also were growing a horse. Yep, you heard me right. We had a small horse and we put it in room temperature water to watch it grow 600 times its size. Well, we literally have stood to watch it grow. Not.that.interesting. We play hide and seek. I count to 10...Leyton goes and hides. He hides in the exact same spot every single time. Wanna know where? On (not under) the rug by the front door. HELLO??? I can see you! I pretend like I can't each time though and he just loves it and wants to play over and over again. We play with poker chips. Yes...he found Russell's poker chips and LOVES them....more than any toy he owns. He calls them chocolate chips---sometimes hot chocolate chips. What makes these things so interesting? I don't know. He throws them all over the ground and puts them in weird places around the house. Great entertainment. Anyway............ we are happy to say that we should be getting out of house arrest soon since Harrison had his well check and immunizations. I'm sure in a few weeks I will miss the days of growing horses and playing with hot chocolate chips, but as for now...I'm ready for a change of pace!


3 comments:

Rachael said...

we are glad, we hope to see you soon!!! drew is in to playing hide and seek these days too!

Jen said...

I'm scared to teach Sam hide and seek, although he does like to "hide" with large storage containers over his head and he thinks I can't see him...but I have a fear that he'll one day really hide from me somewhere I won't be able to find him. Is that crazy or what?

Mitzi said...

Hey Marsh,
I'm finally reading your blog! I hope you have a great time in Houston and I hope to see you real soon!! Glad you're out and about again!! Love ya!