Monday, May 11, 2015

bliggity blog

Okay, so I'm not going to even promise that I will keep up with the blog. It is definitely my intention, but I have said it a million times. I am not going to try to catch up before starting---but I did have to throw in a Christmas pic. I'll hit some highlights---reallllllly briefly.

2015 has been off to a good start. We started the year with EE's 5th birthday. She had a party at the gymnastics place and it was lots of fun. Russell turned 38 just 2 days later.

EE is playing soccer right now and loving it. She has a fun little team....lots of the girls will be going to Kinder with her next year. GO PINK PANTHERS!

Harrison is playing baseball and is doing really well. He has some good little buddies on his team too. I love watching him play!

Leyton is playing baseball on a different team this year. We have really enjoyed it except for all the rained out games! He is also still taking piano lessons and has his recital on Sunday.

Some other big news is that I REGISTERED MY BABY FOR KINDERGARTEN! She is so ready and excited to go, but I just can't believe it. I really honestly feel like I just gave birth to her. I have found myself wanting to be pregnant again! It is NOT going to happen so I am just pretending that Ruby is my baby. (what am I talking about? She IS my baby) I also find myself spending a lot of time thinking about what I want to do next year. Work? Volunteer? Give myself a year? Jump right in? I'm just praying and waiting to see what God's plan is for me.

The kids are at a really fun age...I'm definitely feeling like we are in a sweet spot. There are so many positives...they are self sufficient, independent little people....but they still have that sweet innocence that I'm hoping they hold onto for a lllloooonnnngggg while.

Leyton seems to have grown so much lately. Not just in a height kinda way....he just seems older to me. He told me yesterday that I recently embarrassed him in front of his friends by acting weird. He said he was not impressed with my dancing---I told him to hang on to his hat, because I plan on sprinkling in some weirdness to my parenting---gotta keep it interesting and gotta keep him on his toes.

Harrison is the opposite. He thinks I am the coolest human ever. He tells people that I'm his best friend. Wonder how long I can make this last? He does love me realllllly hard. The feeling is mutual.

Speaking of weird??!?! EE is a total weirdo. She has great comedic timing which makes me beam with pride. Her humor is random and only around people she is very comfortable with. For example, when Russell walked into her room to tuck her in she said "heeeeey there, finger missle!" No idea where she got that from but just the way she says things in her cute, deep voice makes us crack up. We have been trying to teach her the art of humor though--- Just ask her what the key to being funny is....her reply will be "knowing when to stop." I do hope she practices that lil' life lesson.

School is wrapping up. Only one more day of preschool for my girl. I paid my last tuition check EVER...that part is totally stinkin awesome. The rest of it?! TBD. I sure am going to miss my little sidekick next year. I am very ready for the summer break with all 3 of my babies home. We are going to use the summer to spend some major quality time together....I am being very deliberate in not booking our break with camps and activities the whole time. I love just taking it slow and flying by the seat of our pants!



No comments: