Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This & That Summer

Leyton has been going through a tough time with fears lately. He is mainly scared that he is going to be kidnapped. He is also scared that something is going to happen to me. I try my best to ease his fears without coddling....I have such a soft spot for him while he is scared. I was a very scared little girl. I remember worrying about my mom like crazy. I told Leyton about it. I told him how I always worried something would happen to my mom....and how now she's a cute old lady just be-bopping around her house. (Sorry, mom) I told him that I have every intention of living for a long long long time too. I also told him that God is there when we are scared and that it is a good habit to go to Him when you are fearful. I told him that I still do that now...because fear never completely goes away no matter how old you get. I'm hoping that this improves for my boy because it is heartbreaking to see him filled with that kind of fear.

He has been having a great summer other than the fear thing though. Lots of late nights, swimming, hanging with both friends and family...July has turned out to be much slower than June & we are enjoying every minute of it!

Harrison has locked on to the Lego Movie. He loves it and spends a great deal of time planning his Lego Movie birthday party for the end of September! I am glad he has switched to the Lego Movie for his theme now though, because it was Indiana Jones. He asked if we could get him a small horse for his party because he needs to ride in on a horse. (because he IS Indiana Jones, ya know!) I told him that I didn't think we would be getting him a horse of any size. He told me that was okay...he would just need me to pretend like I am horse and he will ride in on my back! I'm loving his party planning ways but I am not sure that I want to be a horse at his party---so LEGO IT IS!!

Erin-Elizabeth is letting her hair grow. She wants her hair to reach the middle of her back. I have to say that it is so hard for this short haired mom to let EE's hair grow out. There are tangles, whining, and plus I just loved her spunky little short do. BUT, long hair it is. She also started wanting to wear a jacket with her shorts and tank top every day. It is 100 degrees, but she is sportin' some super cute coats! This girl knows what she wants...and these are battles that definitely do not warrant a fight.

I love summer. I'm loving the time with our kiddos. The late bedtimes---the late(R) rising. I can't believe that it already feels like it is coming to an end. I need to soak up every minute because the fall is going to be much different around here with both boys in elementary school now. Whoa...time needs to sloooow down.

No comments: