
Happy Birthday, Leyton! Six years old! The morning of his birthday is always kinda tough....after a long night of Halloween festivities. We woke him up with balloons and singing Happy Birthday. I went to school that day to bring him Sonic and have lunch with him and his buddies. That evening we had dinner at the Hibachi/sushi place. We came home and celebrated more with an ice cream cake. His birthday party isn't until the 11th. We are stretching this out!!
My sweet Leyton!
Six years ago I gave birth to you! I never knew how much I could love someone until that day. Seeing you for the first time was amazing. I always heard that it would be, but I never even had the tiniest clue how wonderful this love would feel. And scary. Very scary. In a good way. I would watch you sleep in the tiny bassinet next to our bed....and I'd just pray. I'd pray that you would be safe and that I would be a good mommy. I'd listen to you grunt like a little man. I'd watch you take tiny breaths....and I'd poke at you if I felt like it was taking too long for that next breath to come. You were an easy baby. And you brought us so much happiness...and pride....and love. And you still do. All the time. Now, you are a big boy. Not many traces of that little baby left. You are six. You are awesome. Daddy and I are amazed by you. You are smart and funny. You love your family. I now watch you sleep in that big bed of yours sometimes. And I still pray. I pray for your safety and your happiness. And I pray that I am a good mommy...giving you exactly what you need. Thank you for 6 awesome years...I love watching you grow up. I love being your mommy.
Happy Birthday to you, my Tones Bones!
I love you!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment