I cannot believe my big boy is 5! We had to cancel his birthday party 45 minutes before it was supposed to start because he started to throw up. :( Then, came his real birthday which we celebrated with all bringing balloons and singing happy birthday to him . He picked steak, sausage, and fruit salad for his birthday dinner. And of course, an ice cream cake. That night after I put him to bed I got really sad that my baby is growing up so quickly. I went and got in bed with him, snuggled him, and just stared at my big boy. He didn't know I was there but I loved just snuggling with him all night long. We had his party the next Saturday. It turned out great. We had an indoor swim party at the gym.
Dear Leyton,
You love to hear the story about when you were born. Halloween night mommy and daddy went to the hospital to get ready for you. After I had you the next day, I was shocked at how in love with you I was instantly. Everyone said you looked just like your daddy...which is true. Daddy was so proud of you already. One of my favorite memories of your BIRTHday is right after you were born, I remember looking up at a room FILLED with family and friends waiting to meet you. We weren't the only ones who fell in love that day. Two days later, we were so careful leaving the hospital and mommy was scared! I couldn't believe that I was in charge of your life. I am so glad that I am! I remember you sleeping in your tiny bassinet next to our bed. I would check on you constantly. You were a total sleepy head. We would have to undress you and bother you just to get you to eat! One night you spit up everything you ate all over your daddy....one burp and he was drenched! We called you many nicknames but the one I remember most is "bug
boy" or "bugger." Not because you bugged us....because you were just a little bug. In a cute way, of course.
boy" or "bugger." Not because you bugged us....because you were just a little bug. In a cute way, of course.
I'm beyond thankful that you are our son. You have brought us so much joy since that very first day you were born. You became the center of our universe. Mommy and Daddy's favorite thing to talk about is you...and now your brother and sister too! You fill our thoughts...and overflow our hearts. We love you!
Now, you are a smart, funny 5 year old. You are taking drum lessons that you love. You enjoy playing Mario Brothers. You are the best big brother! You love to draw or do anything creative. You are silly when you are with your family or people you are comfortable around. You really are funny! Not just in a 5 year old kind of way. You get random humor which makes both your father and me very proud! You love to hear stories and have "family bed" at night. (watching a movie as a family in bed) I love how much you love to be with your family. I hope that never changes. You can read and you are starting to love to write. You like to negotiate...and see just how far you can get. You get crazy when you're tired. You love music. Rock and Roll. You still take a nap...even though you'd rather not. You love your brother and sister so much....but still pester them regularly. You are a snuggle bug again...which I adore.
You are 5?!?! Not sure how that happened so quickly, but I am sure that it's been the best years of your parent's lives. Thank you for everything you bring to our family. We couldn't love you more!
Love,
the fam

No comments:
Post a Comment