Happy Birthday to our sweet boy, Harrison! His real birthday was on Thursday. We all came into his room with a balloon and started out the day with singing Happy Birthday to him. He came down to open his presents. He got Thomas the Train boots and a raincoat. He wore it the entire day! I finally convinced him to take it off at the park (it was 90 something degrees). He was soaking wet with sweat but I think it is obvious that he loved his present. We had muffins and chocolate milk for breakfast. Then, we went to Grapevine Mills to walk in those big balls on the water. (again....the kid loves it. This is what he requested to do!) Then, we rode the train through the mall. We had a playdate at the park with Leyton's preschool classes....Harrison was convinced it was a picnic for his birthday. He even told me "Well, I think it's time that we sing Happy Birthday to me." We did. Both boys got their face painted (Harrison actually had his arm painted) with a snake....complete with sparkles. That night he picked chicken, french fries, and fruit for his birthday dinner. And of course we finished it off with an ice cream cake. He says his favorite part of the day was the cake!! When I took him to bed that night, he said "I am going to be turning 4 soon." I think he decided he likes birthdays.
On Saturday we had his party at Southlake Gymnastics Academy. His cousins, grandparents, and aunt came in town. He lovessssss spending time with them! The party was fun!
Harrison at 3?
*He is absolutely obsessed with Thomas the Train. He says Thomas is his best friend.
*He is doing great wearing big boy underwear.
*He can play with his trains forever. Loves them!
*He prefers showers.
*He doesn't eat much.
*He loves chocolate milk.
*He loves writing his letters and drawing.
*He likes to wear shoes to sleep.
*He is still the snuggliest, sweetest little lovebug.
*He still uses his paci and lovie when he sleeps, but he says he is ready for "Pete the Paci Man" to come take his paci and leave him a surprise. (I wanna wait a week or so...I'm kinda sleepy just thinking about it.)
*He still sleeps in his crib even though he can crawl out. (and does!) He just gets back in to sleep.
*He plays blastball.
*He's doing great with his swimming lessons.
*He has made up a "secret" kiss for him and me. (kinda like a secret handshake, I guess) He kisses me while saying "mommy mommy mommy" and then pulls away and fake cries. Random, but oh so sweet.
*He loves being at school. He is very independent.
*He hates to disappoint. Pretty sensitive little guy.
Harrison,
You make life so much fun. We love your big heart and funny little personality. You are our baby. You are your brother's bestest friend. Erin-Elizabeth loves you so much and always wants to be around you. You make us all so happy. Thank you for being you and for shining your light for all to see!
Happy 3rd Birthday, Sonny Boy!
We love you!
Love,
the Fam!
No comments:
Post a Comment